View Single Post
Old 2010-09-03, 21:28   Link #29
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
I havn't read the manga, but i assume the film follows somewhat pretty closely with a few artistic liberations here and there. So in the end,
It doesn't follow the manga very much actually lol. The plot twist is still the same, but to save time the movie completely cut out the antagonist from the manga and had that role given to the A.L.I.C.E. system, otherwise they'd have to do another movie or it would have been impossible to cover it. Most of my liking towards Tim, Katherine and Alice came from the parts that got changed/removed lol.
Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for movie and some manga:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for movie:

Quote:
When you say 3D, do you actually mean 'popping out of the screen 3D', like Avatar or just your usual CG? If it was the latter then i don't think it was jarring at all, in fact i hardly noticed that they animated some of the stuff in CG, although that's pretty much a given now a days that you think about it.

Despite the questions i had, i think it was an overall pretty solid film. I didn't have much expectations going into it in the first place, but the film definitely surpassed it there
Gah, again I mixed 3D with CG. I meant CG. It was jarring to me because a lot of time I could tell whenever there is some CG used. The movement of the characters and their rendering looks different whenever the CG comes in and I found it annoying precisely because they kept switching between that and actual cel animation for the characters during action scenes.

But yeah, it was okay as a film. I just had more bones to pick with it than I would have since I knew the source, which is a common occurence with adaptations =). Though I heard one of the people in the cinema say "What did they have to be smoking to come up with that?" at the end .

I hope that helped, since I'm a bit lost myself, especially about the plot twist .
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote