Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-14, 20:53   Link #10633
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Marrying at 23 does seem young for men as they are generally a few years older than their spouse. But hey, we all have different expectations. To me, raising a family is more concerning than marriage (go hand-in-hand but aren't the same).
Shrug. I'm a few months older than my wife; when we married I was 24 and she was at the end of being 23. We had been together for 3-4 years before that point. While I sometimes wonder what it would have been like to go through my mid-20's with no truly committed relationship, I know myself well enough to know that I wouldn't have enjoyed it or "made use of it." We're both working toward the same, demanding career, and it's been wonderful to be able to learn from and support each other as we go through it. When it comes down to it, she's as perfect for me as I could realistically expect from anyone. I cherish the time I have with her, and look forward to going through the rest of my life with her. It's why I proposed to her in the first place.

Don't set superficial targets for things like getting married. I never thought that I would get married in my early 20's; I always figured it would be the late 20's or early 30's. But then, I never counted on meeting such a wonderful woman at that stage of my life. We dated for a few years before I proposed to her, so it's not the case that I rushed it - you should certainly take your time to evaluate the person, and consider the marriage potential. But if you've found the right person, even if it's earlier (or later) than you were planning, then why not? Life never goes according to plan anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I got married a few months ago. I'm 24. It's okay thus far.
Exciting news - congratulations!