Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2015-05-07, 20:37   Link #36464
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Assessments/projects. A good lot of the units at my Uni consist of minor and major assessments making the bulk of the mark with quiz's tossed in at a ratio of like 30/50/20% respectively (with the % divided into how many bits they have). Some don't bother with the quizzes and the minor assessment is broken up into pieces spread over the semester. It doesn't quite work for every unit yet, but they'll get to it eventually I'd say. The argument is that it's a better method of reinforcement, since exams are more about regurgitation then practical application.
I agree on that. My Econs lecturers still teach that interest rates don't go below negative, Bernanke still holds office, amongst other things. They KNOW they are wrong but they have to "teach the syllabus". The students take it hook line sinker.

Also, part time students will suffer because of project work. Assessments and quizzes are a good take though; less stressful.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.