View Single Post
Old 2007-02-08, 08:17   Link #8
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

KiraMey would be adorable, I could actually see this pairing working out.

As for AsuCaga, well I think the fact that he stayed in Orb and is wearing an Orb uniform is a big hint that he wants to be by Cagalli's side or that he's willing to wait for her. If you think about it, Athrun really has no reason to be in Orb besides Cagalli, especially if Kira and Lacus have become Zafties, so I think it has to signify something.

As for the relationship itself, I think you should interpret it how you wish with the new information. There's no clear confirmation that they're forever broken up or they're trying to make things work. So if it makes you happy to think that they did resolve some issues, like maybe having a decent conversation without being interrupted, then go for it because we all know they had to face each other after the war.

I guess the movie will finally resolve the issue or just make fans more angry. In the meanwhile enjoy the merchandising of the pairing and celebrate whether it's canon or not, AsuCaga will always be the most popular Seed pairing.

Edit: Though obviously the most canon pairing is AsuKira after Destiny....even Athrun's elementary school girl scout uniform in a cherry blossom background didn't make him look like Kira's girlfriend compared to Destiny. Seriously, AsuKira = the only couple that makes sense after Destiny, what can I say, it amuses me greatly.

Last edited by Naive; 2007-02-08 at 09:25.
Naive is offline   Reply With Quote