View Single Post
Old 2009-10-09, 16:20   Link #276
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Has any reason be stated on why there is a such a large time gap between the festival and the release date in October?

I want to show a friend this. He doesn't watch war movies, so the only WWII things I think I can get him to watch is anime. He had that Western stereotypical view of the Red Army(Mass waves, not good soldiers, blah, blah) and I want to show him something that refutes that.
Why do you care?
The truth is, people usually have the attitude "my mind is made up, do not bother me with the facts." If someone wants to know something, they will seek the knowledge, if they don't want/don't care, you can't forcefully educate them, you'll just waste your time.

Quote:
The German generals who wrote so many books in the 50s really ruined the image of the Soviets in the West with their stereotypical and racist views(Manstein's book comes to mind). Since the Western-Soviet relations deteriorated after WWII, the truth never really got to be told in the West until the fall of the Soviet Union.
IMHO, in US colleges/universities they usually do a good job teaching about WW2 or history in general (for the 0.001% of students who actually care about the stuff).

Heck, I had some Malaysian friends a few years ago and they didn't know anything about WW2 in Europe, they thought that Germany and the Soviet Union were ALLIES in WW2.
No, I am not joking.
durack is offline   Reply With Quote