View Single Post
Old 2008-05-12, 20:59   Link #57
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Didn't Rey gave him that VF-19.

More like an experiment for Operation M with a single pilot/singer in a Valkyrie.

Shinsei Industry and General Galaxy got screwed over.
Yeah, and how Rey just 'handed' it to him remains a MYSTERY in itself. Milia was criticizing Basara's flying skills quite harshly, although I wondered why she didn't ask him anything about the VF-19. To Milia, Basara couldn't fly a glider even if his life depended on it.

But anyway, Macross 7 was silly. I mean, guitar for controls? Project M? Its not like they knew they were fighting an alien army that would respond to sound energy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I read somewhere that they were originally going to use the VF-19, but it just looked too similar to the VF-25 in the action shots, so they went with something else. It makes sense, so it's as good an explanation as I need.

In-universe, we can simply put it down to different fleets deciding to field different variable fighters. We already know that the laws aren't uniform between fleets, so it's not a very big stretch.
Well, SK basically stated himself he really did not want to put the VF-19 in Macross F because it would compete against the VF-25's status as the 'hero' fighter.

Regarding the in-universe explanation, while different fleet does practice different laws, I believe various categories of VF fighters are available to all the fleets. After all, Macross 7 had just about the same fighter composition as the world of Eden, and they were quite far from each other.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote