View Single Post
Old 2012-04-19, 01:47   Link #17
Dawnstorm

Okay, I'm still waiting for Hyouka, but so far I really this season. It's much better than the last one.

In alphabetic order:

Accel-World:
Standard shounen fighter, but handles the outsider angle better than most. Keep. (7/10)

Acchi Kocchi:
Cute. Watch. (7/10)

A-Channel +Smile:
Uneven. When it's at its best it can easily keep up with TV-series. The technical execution might even better sometimes. As a fan of of the tv-series, I'm happy. (8/10)

Fate/Zero 2:
Looks and sounds gorgeous. Characters are great. Plot is servicable. (8/10)

Furusato Saisei Nippon no Mukashibanashi:
An animated picture book! Works for me. (My favourite OP/ED duo this season) (7/10)

Gakkatsu:
Quickbased absurd debates. Perfect for its format. The way it looks is a turn-off, but it's integral to the concept so I'd be silly to complain. I'll be sure to follow this. (7/10)

Haiyore Nyaruko san:
Good fun, but nothing special. Kana Asumi does a great job as Nyaruko - probably the main attraction in this one. (7/10)

Jormangund:
Visually appealing. Characterwise I'm ambivalent: they're interesting, but also sort of creepy in a non-good way. This bothers me. Haven't watched episode 2 yet, and can't make up my mind. (Judgement pending)

Kimi to Boku 2:
Loved the first season, love this one. If you were bored by the first one, well, nothing's changed. But I'm happy as can be it's back. (8/10)

Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka? ~ Of the Dead:
As good as the first season stylistically, but the novelty's gone and so far nothing much has happened. Still, good. (8/10)

Kuro Majo san ga Tooru!:
Oh, please watch at least two episodes. Many may pass this one off because it's a children's show, but it's just charming. You're not losing much time. (7/10)

Medaka Box:
Enjoyable and at times hilarious. People say it gets better, and I do believe that could be true, but for now: (7/10)

Mouretsu Uchuu Kaizoku:
Holds the line. My favourite show last season has just aquired lots of competition. But it's still good fun. Looking forward to it each week. (8/10)

Nazo Kanojo X:
A masterpiece. I so want to look away during the drool scenes, but that's part of the concept, and it works. Urabe is the perfect combination of creepy and cute (with the perfect voice actor). And that soundtrack! (10/10)

Ozuma: Solid, but nothing special. That reminds me, I need to catch up. (6/10)

Recorder to Randoseru: Why am I still watching this in its second season? Oh, right. I love the character design. It's so cute! (6/10)

Sankarea: So far, brilliant. Stylish and compassionate in it's weirdness. I don't even mind the fanservice. My kind of show. (9/10)

Sakamichi no Appollon:
Looks and sounds great. I'll watch this for the atmosphere and - maybe - the characters (depending on how they develop). The plot seems standard fare. (9/10)

Saki Achiga Hen:
Saki was fun, and this doesn't look much worse. It does look a bit worse, but that might yet change. (Of all the cameo's we get it had to be Nodoka? Oh well...) (7/10)

Sengoku Collection:
Cute, but utterly average. Has the occasional nice moment. I'm probably going to finish this, but who knows. (6/10)

Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan:
The Bread of happiness? The show looks as silly and sentimental as the title, but at least it has some charm. Let's see where this goes. (6/10)

Shibainuko San:
A mediocre school comedy doesn't get better because one of the girls looks like a dog. Still, it's only a couple of minutes. (5/10)

Shirokuma Café:
Good fun. Don't think too much about it, lean back, relax, watch. The main strength of the show is charm, rather than wit. (~8/10)

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia: I didn't expect the playful humour. I like the visuals. Better than I expected. (8/10)

Tsuritama: Love it. Colourful and quirky. Oddly enough I can't help feeling for the fish at the other end of the line. Maybe it's that talking goldfish imouto? (8/10)

Uchuu Kyoudai: It's a good show every way I look at it, but I just can't get into it. There's a sentimental dream-fulfillment streak that makes me oddly uneasy. I'd have definitely watched it last season, but this season it's crowded out, and it's not a light watch (like say Sengoku Collection). Dropped. (I don't rate shows I drop)

Upotte!: An ecchi show combined with gun fetishism. Episode 1 had one scene that was pretty clever, but I can't get over the creepiness of the premise. I didn't bother with episode 2. (I don't rate shows I drop)

Yurumates 3D: Neutral on the first episode, but thought the second one was really funny. This has potential. (7/10)
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote