View Single Post
Old 2013-09-28, 22:09   Link #307
ZeMaverick
The name's Bean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateraldeath View Post
Okay, I understand what you mean. Actually the MP's have only a small fraction of the army, not one third. Since they live in Wall Sina (and they aren't that big) they are heavily influenced by the little whims of the civilians unlike the reocn corps who have a castle in the middle of nowhere apparently. The garrison is by far the largest whilst the recon corps is the smallest, probably 1000 soldiers or so. And they would have been gone if the King hadn't continued to support and fund them. Not through Erwin giving up but lack of support.
He's the leader of the MP in the inner walls, the problems inside the wall are his duty, the outside is for those recon corps.
I wasn't suggesting he would die (I said wasteful or stupid), I was suggesting his exploits (even the fact he's going out to try further humanities survival/ the people's 'man') may further fuel the rebellion.

Yeah, the series focuses on the events of soldiers really, politics seems a side thing. Heck, even the whole 'mystery of the titans' feels slightly secondary to the immediacy of the soldiers situation in my opinion. An alternative reason that Orlo gave was that he kept them funded just as an empty gesture, 'we haven't given up on conquering and defeating the titans don't worry' sort of thing. I thought Hanji hated titans initially? In that case, dissenters include people who want to kill titans (stirring up people by fearmongering them into action). Otherwise I agree with what you said.
ZeMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote