View Single Post
Old 2011-09-27, 23:02   Link #979
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
It's really Aniplex who deserves the majority of the praise. It's obvious they're putting a fuckton of money behind this production. The level of advertising and quality of the production itself is just insane, especially considering the first episode is an hour long and the anime itself is still going to be 25 episodes. If this were Geneon instead of Aniplex, you wouldn't be seeing even half the quality that's in those shots, even if they contracted ufotable. I'm surprised that they haven't put an ad for Fate/Zero in the Nikkei Newspaper yet, seeing as how they're just throwing money at this. It's also cool how they're being extremely progressive and simulcasting it in 8 different languages (wish they had picked a better venue for it though). It's just...insane, I can't stop saying it. This may be the most expensive production of the year...they're really betting that this will bring in bucket loads of cash. That said, the animators at ufotable surely should be praised for producing something of this quality, I don't think DEEN would have been able to produce something like this even if they were given just as big a budget.

Call me a noob, but I fail to see what resolution has to do with overall animation quality...
This is confirmed to be 25 episodes? Is there even enough material for that? Also I highly and I mean HIGHLY doubt they can keep even remotely close to that quality level throughout. Some of those shots are some of the best work I've seen in anime, period. I mean there are other components such as motion, choreography, and whatnot but the backgrounds themselves are off the charts.

As I said, I'm aware that Aniplex is pumping ungodly amounts of money into this. If this is indeed 25 episodes and they keep this quality level, I wouldn't be surprised to find out this was the most expensive anime ever produced. However as you also stated, ufotable does deserve alot of credit for this. Very few studios even with the proper money and time could pull something like this off. The only three I could think of is KyoAni, Madhouse, and Production IG. Even then I have my doubts as to whether Madhouse and Production IG could pull this off.

Last edited by Jarmel; 2011-09-27 at 23:14.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote