Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-06-26, 18:03   Link #3095
Knight Hawk
Lurker

LA police hunt for Michael Jackson's doctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Police were investigating claims last night that Michael Jackson received a painkilling injection minutes before his death amid intense pressure to prepare for a series of lucrative comeback concerts in London next month.

A cardiologist who was allegedly with Jackson when he collapsed on Thursday was at the centre of a police inquiry amid claims that Jackson had been receiving daily injections of Demerol, a synthetic painkiller similar to morphine. Detectives seized a car linked to the doctor, and Karen Rayner, a police spokeswoman, said that it might contain “medications or other evidence that may assist the coroner in determining the cause of death”.

An unidentified man who called the emergency services replied: “The doctor has been the only one here,” when asked about witnesses to the collapse. Detectives were searching Jackson’s rented home in the upmarket Los Angeles neighbourhood of Holmby Hills.

The Jackson family’s former lawyer Brian Oxman criticised “enablers” in his entourage for allowing him to abuse prescription drugs. The night before his death Jackson was rehearsing for 50 concerts due to start at the O2 arena in London on July 13. “This was something which I feared and which I warned about,” said Mr Oxman, who was with Jackson’s sister La Toya and brothers Jermaine and Randy at the hospital. “This is a case of abuse of medication, unless there is another cause I did not know about.”
Indeed it might have been TOO soon for MJs death. Accidental murder? >.<