Thread: Crunchyroll Idol Incidents
View Single Post
Old 2017-01-09, 14:13   Link #19
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Well, the idol craze has officially reached WTF levels of stupid. What sort of sick fantasy is this where government officials are elected based on how cute they are and how well they sing? Well, at least it makes me feel a little bit better about the last few elections in my home country. We may have chosen jackasses who really shouldn't be in office, but at least we didn't choose cute girls who don't even know the structure of the governmental hierarchy. And I must admit, when elections of an official decay to the point where someone can get elected because they're not that other person, voting based on face and voice doesn't seem all that bad. The country's still screwed though, if the legislative branch is being slowly taken over by brats who haven't finished puberty yet.
Two points:
- you're not making a good case for real world politics. Between jackasses and jackasses who also happen to be cute girls, I'd rather have cute girls. (What I'd really like is deadly gladiatorial combat, so politicians could die a lot, but that's another story...)
- for decades idols have saved the world against alien invasions. How is that less ridiculous than political parties choosing good looking mouthpieces?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote