View Single Post
Old 2009-10-02, 00:55   Link #100
Slick_rick

Well honestly I fairly confident that neither of those are the reason Zero reacts as he does. I remember this scene extremely well as it one of the most wtf moments I had when reading VK. That she had actually asked that still dumbfounds me to this day.

Zero dislikes have to drink blood the thought of it disgusts him so the fact that Yuki asks him what it takes tastes like pissed him off. I think the better translation I've seen for that question was "What's that got to do with you". The real question here though is in fact why did Yuki even asked that. It seems an odd question to ask given the situation and the person being asked.

Here is why I think she asked that question. Did she want him to tell her how good it tasted?? Or how much he liked her blood?? That sounds sort of like... foreplay. That right I believe she was getting a little to into getting her blood sucked there. Now there is also another reason I believe. Yuki has always wanted Zero to open up to her and this was probably one of her ways to try to get him to. Zero wasn't having any of it though. She got rejected on both counts.