View Single Post
Old 2012-03-04, 12:06   Link #2286
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
First of all I also thought the same thing about how they could have made that scene better than this. But in regard of flying together on a second thought they already did it just in episode 5, as you mentioned. So It could be a sort of repetition. And I didn't mean that the gag ruins always the mood, but it is like a joke that after few time becomes boring, sort of. So to give more seriousness to a romantic scene you eventually need to get rid of it. Even if the outcome could be less touching. In fact I agree with you that if they had flied together it would have been more touching. That scene instead looked quite cliched.
Anyways if nothing else we could see it as a development, phase #1: flying with no controls, phase #2: flying being able to coming back, phase #3: not flying at all. If I follow my previous argumentation, it is like in ph#1 Amata didn't know what was happening at all, in ph#2 he started to be more conscious of his feelings. Phase #3 is like he finally knew his feeling. That doesn't imply that he is able to handle every emotion he feel. So, if he sees more pants he will fly again. Romantic feelings are one thing, sexual's are others. And romantic feelings toward one girl are one thing, romantic feelings toward another girl are others.
But this is just overthinking on my part that's why I agree with kuromitsu that the writers just got rid of the flying routine for narrative requests more than willingly giving a real and specific meaning to it. Even counting how rushed that scene was.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote