View Single Post
Old 2012-12-04, 14:52   Link #58
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
'm telling you it's not as simple as ignoring everything and doing what you want.
It simple because she has absolutely no obligation to please anyone. Simple as that. It's her life and she can do what she wants with that.

Quote:
You can't expect there not to be backlash of some sort.
Why should anyone care what other people want? It's not their life, It's mine and I have to live it. As long my actions doesn't affect others in an extremely negative way, there is no problem to that.

Quote:
Once again ignoring my question like a boss.

Can I take it that you support the decisions of every game developer, every Anime Studio, every mangaka, every movie director, to do whatever the Hell they want?

Heck, if it's your favorite book writer, suddenly stopped in the middle of a good series just to change his profession to something else entirely- Will you support him/her 100%? Take Infinite Stratos for example, are fans not allow to rage at the Author for the current sorry ass state of their series because hey, it's his life- let him do what he wants!
If i don't like what a developer does, i don't by that produkt. It's extremely simple.
And the fact still remains that no one has the right to dictate how someon should live his life.

And your analogy is by no means comparable or relevant to Shiina's situation.
1: Shiina is not a company and is not responisble for employees. She is only responsible for herself and to what she wants to do with her life. It's her live after all and not anyone elses.
2: Fans who don't like a the produkt, are not forced to by it. The world is not going to end becaue of it anyway.
3: A game series with an ongoing plot stopping half the way is a completely different than a painter that doesn't want to paint anymore.
4: Every fan has a right to get angry if they don't like the produkt anymore, but they have by no means the right to dictate how you should life your life.

A better example.
Shiina is a film actres and has talent for it, but her disire is to become an author and so she stoppes with acting and starts with writing.
Some fans will gett disappointed, but why should she care? It's not their life, It's hers.

And a personal question.
Have you no problem If someone would appear and dictate you how to live your life?
Try doing that in real life and see how many people will say that you should mind your own business.

Quote:
How many people here raged at KyoAni not doing FMP or Haruhi or Little Busters? It's their life after all, let them do what they want right?
Of course it is their choice and they have every right to decide what they want to animate. The rage was uncalled and absurd.

And no one said that fans have no right to get disapointed, because they have the right for that. But no one has the right to dictate your life. Its really simply.

The problem here is that you seem to believe that Shiina should not be allowed to do what she wants with her life, which is conflict with one of the fundamental human rights. Freedom to decide to do whatever you want with your life. fundamtal