View Single Post
Old 2012-12-15, 09:18   Link #122
Goggen

I think a lot of people aren't really getting the point, if they think Rikka dropping her chuunibyou is altogether a good thing.

Look, Rikka isn't just being crazy with her chuunibyou behavior. It's become part of who she is, her identity. She's an unusual and eccentric girl, but she's not crazy. She's also still a young teenager, her personality will change and evolve over time as she grows up. It's not right to expect her to "snap out of it" over night. Her now acting "normal" isn't a good thing at all, because she's not being herself - she is surpressing her own personality in order to conform, in order to be what other people - specifically, her family - want her to be. She threw away all the stuff in her room not because that was a logical thing to do, but because her mother wanted her to. She visits her fathers grave, not because she herself wants to, but because "it would make mom happy". I don't want to go on a rant about Rikka's mother, but honestly, what kind of parent demands their child completetly shed their own identity and personality and become a robot?

By the way: I recommend watching the ED again and paying close attention to the lyrics. They suddenly make a whole lot more sense after this episode.

Last edited by Goggen; 2012-12-15 at 09:21. Reason: Probably shouldn't be mentioning fansub groups of a licensed show.