View Single Post
Old 2009-01-28, 13:33   Link #18097
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
Her reaction in Turn 19 was very much in-chara for her - heat of the moment and the belief that Lelouch hasn't really cheated on them - but the poem is pointing toward Turn.22, and there, she was not under in the heat of the moment, she had a whole month to rethink the - 'lulz my pawns' VS 'you must live on' - thing. In the meantime, Lelouch had already started ZR, and from there (to answer to Loli, too) I get the idea that the poem means she was ready to join ZR, something that I'm unable to make fit in her character...
but maybe I'm reading too much into that line.
The "live on" is actually starting from Turn 19 {thus Kallen's questioning and angst} and "ends" in #22, it was more of the "parting kiss" moment, that is clearly referring to "Emperor Lelouch" Turn.

Anyway, you got some good points, but you have to consider {i'll leave out Lelouch from this, it is about Kallen} how Kallen sees Lelouch and the bond she shares with him.

Kallen gave Lelouch someone to lean on in his difficult job as leader, she gave him a companion to look to when he needed advice and most importantly never let him put the blame of anything on himself. <-- i think that was the point of Turn 19 as well, she knew his "intentions" and she did want to go down along with him. {yeah ok, i won't go on again about Lelouch's exceptional acting abilities that could have him nominated an oscar and pushed her away}
Still though, even after that whole event, she continued questioning that. She needed that answer, not only about his feelings, but she wanted to go with him, fight along his side, whatever that was. {clap, clap Lelouch oscar x 2 in that moment as well}

In general, Lelouch {Zero S1} "fixed" Kallen, he saved her from the doomed-future she had in the beginning of the show. And she acknowledges this and she wants to return it back. {i am leaving romantic feelings out of this, i am talking about more technical-details}
In fact, apart from romance, KallenxLelouch share a very strong bond, but it is being given more from the undertones of some events in the show and it is kinda difficult to detect, thus sometimes this bond is really underrated.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote