View Single Post
Old 2013-03-28, 21:44   Link #46
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
yep this also bugs me, the way of "magically girls" get atracted to guys like him, who just because their was nice only one time or because she see him(ok love at first sight sometimes is good but 100% not) or because he accidentally touched/sexual harassment(boobs, pants) she fall in love with him, this disturb me very hard.
It's the appeal, you have to look at the target audience which is usually Japanese otaku who don't exactly go out and be social, probably pretty reserved and quiet/shy. So the harem genre usually relates to this usually giving you quiet and somewhat of a outcast MC who's probably not very popular, yet attracts these girls based on almost doing nothing other than being nice.

With Kodaka though, he kinda has special cases that excludes him from this. While he can be also pretty reserved, if you actually come and speak to him, he's a very easy-going and sociable guy. Even Yusa comments how he's a pretty decent guy who's willing to help anyone. When you factor in that you are dealing with pretty socially broken females in this story, taking the time to hang out with them and help them with stuff goes a long way. Kodaka apparently not being ugly and fairly attractive with the "bad boy" look helps too. I'd bet he even attracts some of the regular girls at the school, but people tend to stay way from the "bad-boys" since they are said to be no good. And since we know Kobato is pretty popular and considered a cutie by many, its probably not a stretch to say Kodaka is eye candy to the girls