View Single Post
Old 2011-06-07, 09:37   Link #20731
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
Stay away from canned air.. That paint kit is garbage, you will run into alot of trouble with it. Canned air need to be perfectly vertical in order to get the air to come out, otherwise the propellant will come out with the paint and then you might as well sand it down or throw the kit out.

Here is a tip i learned with using spray cans. Before you start to paint your parts, dip your can of spray paint in luke warm water in a jar, not to hot cause then the paint will explode, just enough to make the can warm ( let it sit in the water about 3 to 5 minutes).. This part you have to be quick cause you want to spray your parts with a warm can.. By doing this, this makes the paint particles thinner so when you spray your part it produces a better layer when you paint.. And it causes no bubbles at all.. Since you two are using spray paint, thought id share that with you two..

Cheers
you are right, ive read that tipp before as well^^
it doesnt make the particles thinner though, it simply makes the gas and the solvent get out of the paint a lot easier. thats why you shouldnt make it too hot because then it would come out too quickly and forms a ton of bubbles!

i painted my freedom on a pretty nice and hot weekend though so i didnt really have to do it. the paint didnt form any bubbles at all and was dry within 30 minutes XD
i really liked that, this way i was done with the hole model in 2 days.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote