Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-05, 12:32   Link #485
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That's one thing from this series you have to get used to to enjoy it . It's "useless meat" after all .
People have no idea what's they're talking about when they accuses the Demon Queen of having useless meat.

Even the Hero was brainwashed distracted by them.

As for the naming conventions well the whole Pronoun-Adjective as a name thing has it's charm I guess plus King/Queen, it's simple enough to get used too in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I don't get the part in which the Demon King explained how the Central Kingdoms are getting rich by financing the poorer Southern Kingdoms to keep the war going. She mentioned security and consumption, so I'm thinking the Central Kingdoms are acting as some kind of war profiteer?

On one hand, explaining the proper economic model would likely fly over the audience's head. On the other hand, I feel like I'm missing out what's really happening with the anime's vague explanation.
The central kingdoms are basically bolstering the southern kingdoms for their "security" purpose aka they basically are paid to die for the war effort. Also the southern kingdoms act as the consumption class for any surplus that the central kingdoms create (which is then also financed by the central kingdoms through war "charity"/support)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickadams View Post
Spoiler for Image:

Translating these sorts of things is a little hobby of mine...
How does that work? But props to you, I just thought it was random scribbles for the show.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote