View Single Post
Old 2006-10-15, 17:32   Link #179
JarOfMayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_D View Post
Well, after watching the first subbed ep., It appears to just be another mecha series, and I'm kinda burned out on those. It also hints as anti U.S. (they can call it New Brittainnia if they want to), and since I'm a U.S. citizen, I'm a little offended. I don't think I'll be following this series any further.
As I posted earlier. Please be careful how you label the themes in this work... lol Claiming that this hints at anti-U.S. stances seems to suggest you accept the sort of "U.S" imaging this work portrays... Yes.. an imperialistic and not so very kind one. I don't consider this portrayal... anything near U.S. standard (policy?) at all, so I don't agree to adopt the terminology for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
wow... the show lived up to my expectations. Im also American, but im also black, so im not going to pretend that the US is not fucked up... so i am not offended... After how many years of oppression and then revolution, yet there is still racism in every corner of a supposedly diverse and liberitanian country. But i digress... i suggest u take some classes on power oppression and prividge. You should also learn to seperate between Art and politics.
Someone didn't get drawn in by the wording. Good.

Spoiler for On TakeP-Executive Producer and his and other variations of "anti-US". Ignore if you tire of philosophical analysis and fringe in-topic discussion:

Uhh great to see this subbed, though I don't really watch subs anymore lol I would comment on them if I did
JarOfMayo is offline   Reply With Quote