View Single Post
Old 2009-05-29, 21:00   Link #480
Betteroffer

Kallen and Rolo were two very different people. Kallen did want Lelouch's acknowledgement, but it wasn't the sole point of her existence. She had a dream, family, and friends (I'm speaking about the Ashford SC now, since the BK were willing to use her as bait), and had known life and happiness outside of Lelouch.

Rolo conversly, had never experienced anything at all like love and warmth outside of Lelouch, so Lelouch's outburst was a complete denial of the reason for his existence, whereas for Kallen, it was 'only' a signifigant part.

Beyond that, Rolo is talking like he doesn't believe Lelouch's rant as he dies, so it is suspect as to the stability of his mind at the time, and Kallen's character poem tells us that she was willing to 'go Rolo times 10' for Lelouch even if he lied to her.

Crazy-robo-Shirley could actually be an endearing (if slightly cheesy) scene where she's about to kill Lelouch (or oh-so-much-better-yet Rolo), and Lelouch gives her a "You can't do it because it's not in your nature (and I possibly love you)" speech, resulting in the standard crying and apologizing hug scene (I believe both these characters needed more hugs).
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote