View Single Post
Old 2011-02-06, 02:49   Link #95
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
It is never stated directly, but I believe MG have the power to sense other MG using their power. Thus Mami know Homura is chasing Kyubei; Homura know about Mami's fight; Homura know about Sayaka and Kyoko are fighting...etc When Sayaka starts up her MG power, Kyoko will know.

Sayaka, I believe, still living with her family. Thus going to another city is not an option. (Kyoko, given her rough exterior, make you think she do not live with her family)
While I would like to think MGs can sense other MGs, those situations could be explained with defined mechanics--Kyubey was able to call out to Kyoko from another city, so him calling out to Mami would not be out of the question as he also had called out to Madoka when he was being chased. When Mami died, her restraints on Homura disappeared. Even though Homura shows up at every fight, she also had been shown to follow Madoka, who was at every fight with Mami, so just dedicated stalking is not out of the question. Kyoko also used her magic in the observation deck when she was spying on Sayaka, but Sayaka did not notice or even react to that. You could argue that Sayaka being new to her powers may not have noticed, but Kyoko did not seem to show concern even after Kyubey told her about Homura, who he told her was a very strong MG. Of course it could very well be that the reason she was so far away looking through a spyglass was to be out of range of magic detection, but Kyubey seems to have no trouble finding them in either case.

I believe Kyubey could have reasoned with Sayaka to simply stay at home and stay out of the witch hunting business by telling her a strong MG had arrived, even if she was determined to go any way. The issue here is that he didn't even try anything with Sayaka, but had told Kyoko (albiet a day later) that Homura, an unknown quantity, was in the area. If we assume he is a neutral entity only concerned about creating MGs to fight witches, I believe that he would have sensed Kyoko near the familiar and could have told Sayaka to just hunt elsewhere, as I don't believe it would be beneficial for him to lose a MG he just contracted if he were a neutral entity.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote