View Single Post
Old 2012-01-31, 09:54   Link #930
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's more like she hates how it seems as if the bird is questioning her.

"Why? Rei-chan? Why?"

Which indicates something she did or said that she regretted in the past. You know, like it's her conscience tormenting her.
I figured the bird had a reason for saying that. Assuming since it imitates what it hears, someone (maybe Kouichi's mother) kept saying it to Rei.

Old woman in the doll shop still creeps me out.

Once again last 30 secs of the epi were awesome. Now Kouichi's connected to two deaths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson
I think it's that so much seems like it's done in the wrong order: episode 4 would've been a lot spookier, imho, if the explanation of the curse had come *after* the glass plate incident. Explaining the curse upfront means that when the glass plate falls there's no *mystery* -- you immediately know "hey, that's that curse!" -- whereas if the explanation had come just a bit later there woudl've been other possible explanations (is the class/town/etc. out to get Sakakibara for not following the rules?).
I think that was used as a set up possibly to make the audience think she was next and keeping with what the students said earlier about how once a month someone in the class dies or a family member dies.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote