Thread: Proposal Forum Reorganization
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-06, 15:08   Link #7
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I really like the idea behind this. On the whole, I think this would improve Anime Suki, so great thinking by the Moderating Staff.

However, I have two thoughts/suggestions:

1. The overall degree of subdivision might be slightly excessive. In particular, I think that "Merchandise, Sales, and Ratings" and "Notable Companies, Staff, and Actors" maybe should be combined into a general "The Anime Industry" subforum. My impression is that those of us who care about "Merchandise, Sales, and Ratings" also tend to care about "Notable Companies, Staff, and Actors" (and vice versa). I do see significant discussion overlap here, where having the same subforum for these two categories might head off potential uncertainty of where to post a new thread (ex. You want to talk about KyoAni's "new direction" and how you think it's impacting their sales and ratings).

2. If you go with this, I think it would be best to allow "Best of..." and "Worst of..." threads again. Let's face it, a lot of people clearly like talking about that. And anybody who is active in the "Likes, Dislikes, Contests, and Favourites" subforum is basically asking to see a lot of this sort of discussion.