View Single Post
Old 2008-09-16, 08:18   Link #10994
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
Lets keep it civil guys. We do not need a repeat of yesterday's romance thread. Back on topic however, what do you think the "essential role" Kallen will play can possibly refer to at this stage? I think it can only be a good thing...but its soooo very ambigous.
es·sen·tial –adjective
1. absolutely necessary; indispensable: Discipline is essential in an army.
2. pertaining to or constituting the essence of a thing.
3. noting or containing an essence of a plant, drug, etc.
4. being such by its very nature or in the highest sense; natural; spontaneous: essential happiness.

If we're to take the "essential" line at face value. She absolutely has to do something big. Or something that will either effect Lelouch's descions, his perspective on things, or contribute to his success or failure.

With her rushing forward and ignoring any battle strategies, once she gets to Lelouch there probably won't be any going back. But I don't think her dying until she and Lelouch can come to some kind of understanding. I don't see her still working for Schizel by the end of the next episode and we'll probably see Kallen hesitating when she has Lelouch in her sights.

Now granted she can be essential w/o any romantic undertones. I still think its a possibility and would be a bonus.