View Single Post
Old 2010-03-01, 17:51   Link #54
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
I think second in command would be galatea.
Hm. Galatea ought to be a notch stronger than Deneve, even with the later's half-awakend state. So in terms of power, she ought to be second. There's also the fact that she is an eye.

But Deneve "acted" like second in command here: She analysed the situation, made a quick judgement and acted on it. We'll have to wait on #102 to see if she made the right call - while she might have saved Clare here, her decission might cost her own, Helen's or other ghost's lives. Still, at a time where leadership was needed she stepped up.

Galatea on the other hand consciuosly laid down the burden of command. She chose the life as a hermit, maybe she thought because she couldn't go against the Org on her own, maybe for personal reasons. But once she met the ghosts in Rabonna she could have come back. Miria deferred to her. But she denied that responsibility. Imho I think it would be nice if she came out of that phase and acted like a #3 eye again. But in that case I would want some decent story development to back up that change of mood. Just somebody saying..."oh well...we need a backup lead...you're it, congrats" would suck big time.

Yagi gave her a real nice character development. From the near arrogant, absolutely self-assured #3 to the reclusive hermit who tries to atone for her sins as an ex-member of the Org.

The fact that she lost her sight fits in nicely, it is symbolic, like Oedipus of greek mythology she couldn't stand "seeing" any longer who she had become - so she blinded herself.

As I read her she's thinking that her life with the children, even being in part responsible for the rescue of Rabona doesn't meassure up against her past, is not enough to atone. Hence she was willing to go out in a blaze of glory against Agatha. She did clearly realize that she was as good as dead with Clarice & Miata alone...yet she stayed. She said so herself - all left for her to do was dying fighting for a good cause. I still hope she's gonna get herself together and come to the rescue at some later point where things look rly bad for Miria & Co...but if that happens it should be with good reason. I'd want at least a chapter on her to see her revoke her decision for recluse. (Hell,I want two...at the least )

Boy I sure hope Yagi doesn't waste her prematurely in the bloody slaughter that is undoubtedly gonna follow in Prissy's wake...