View Single Post
Old 2010-10-26, 18:28   Link #976
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
The Light Tank is actually quite sturdy once you grasp when to retreat it. You nail everything in sight that can possibly damage your tank and let the co-ax Gatling sort out the rest in the enemy phase. If you can't kill all the threats in your own phase, make sure you have a CP spare to retreat. If you do it right, it means that the AI either never has anything that can damage your tank, or is unable to target it because its in reserve or elsewhere. I imagine that kind of hit and run strategy would piss off human opponents though.

I'm back to using Machine Guns that have more ROF. I found the Gunners were missing far too often using the S-type guns, due to having less shots in the spray.

If you're all about the spray and hitting multiple guys, I prefer using flamethrowers for that. Sure, you can't use those for intercepting fire, but I prefer to engage the enemy first rather than defend.

My strategies generally call for having more firepower down than a simple Light Tank can provide. While the captured AA Gat. turret does bring a lot more power than normally available, I actually use utility turrets because I use mortars fairly often (to clear out defended areas). Heavy Tank B also has enough health that it can simply take damage without having to retreat. I generally don't shoot for mobility either.

Also, I doubt a human player would get a chance to enact that strategy - I also use my heavy tank on defense, and give it heavy armor and spare parts. My turn rolls around, and I can simply one-shot everything - sometimes, I even use the A-Armor Spec gun.

Concerning Gunners, I actually have enough captured MGs that are both accurate and have high magazine counts. I've actually managed to get Baldren's intercept gun (which he fires like an SMG, proving how overpowered Gunners could have been).
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote