View Single Post
Old 2010-11-15, 11:16   Link #69
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Unfortunately, the second half quickly reminded me why I dislike her so much. As someone said in another thread, the problem with her that she's 99.9% tsun and only 0.1% dere. That makes it very hard for me to like her. I have no idea why I should even like her in the first place: she is selfish, bratty and patronizing. Her only redeeming quality so far is being a super cute otaku - not that being an otaku is a redeeming quality - but it looks like the author expects us to relate to her only thanks to that, and it's not working for me except during some rare moments like in this episode. So all that's left is being super cute, which is not nearly enough for me.
Isn't that what a real imouto is like? Annoying, self-centered, etc, yet you still like her b/c she's, well, your imouto and she's cute...

I mean, no one tell you to like Kirino in the first place. I actually find that Kirino in this few episodes is finally Kirino (aka tsun 9 dere 1) before [mod edit: reference to future novel content removed]

And IMO, the anime already cut out some of the absurdness of Kirino's novel...

Quote:
I also like how Meruru appears to be a homage to Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, with the same theme of "friendship through superior firepower", and 'sketchy' transformation scenes (as Kyousuke noted).
Meruru is voiced by Tamura Yukari for a reason

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-11-15 at 19:11. Reason: removed novel hint