View Single Post
Old 2011-06-07, 16:24   Link #181
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnaught View Post
No, it's doesn't. However, I was thinking about this today and realised that having the characters act logically and realistically would require the writers and directors to put far more effort into their stories and it probably wouldn't fit properly in a 11 or 12-episode series, or wouldn't fit with what they wanted to do with the series, hence the characters' 'duuuuh-ness'
Great argument you made there. I'm astounded by your reasoning and deductive skills. Bravo.

I'll say it again.

If people act completely logically and without emotion, how does drama even happen? There is no story then. The characters would know not to get stuck here with their emotions. The characters would solve these problems instantly. So doesn't drama require people being beaten with the stupid stick to some degree?

And I would say that considering this show has spanned merely a couple weeks and the emotional trauma some of them are under (Though some question whether there really is such emotional trauma to begin with, which is fine), then it's no real surprise that it's taken just this little bit for the culmination of emotions to occur this episode.