View Single Post
Old 2011-06-07, 16:52   Link #188
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I agree with that, but that's not really what he wrote.
Well, we may not be reading the same posts. Let's see how I broke down Reckoner's post

Quote:
If people act completely logically and without emotion, how does drama even happen?
Implies that emotion causes drama to happen.

Quote:
There is no story then.
Emotion is very important, for w/o it there's no story.

Quote:
The characters would know not to get stuck here with their emotions.
Implies that emotion can impair their life or their judgement.
Quote:
The characters would solve these problems instantly.
That pretty much implies they'd pick the most rational solution, if it weren't for emotional issues and problems stopping them from seeing the issues objectively.

Quote:
So doesn't drama require people being beaten with the stupid stick to some degree?
Maybe that's a bit too much and I don't necessarily agree they have to be that foolish, but it implies that in a drama, people aren't at 100% mental capacity.

Quote:
And I would say that considering this show has spanned merely a couple weeks and the emotional trauma some of them are under (Though some question whether there really is such emotional trauma to begin with, which is fine), then it's no real surprise that it's taken just this little bit for the culmination of emotions to occur this episode.
Suggests that emotional trauma and the reawakening of these things enables foolish actions (to us) to be reasonable in context.

I don't necessarily agree with it completely, but that's how I saw it.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews