View Single Post
Old 2012-03-20, 19:29   Link #158
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I do love anime, but the fact is anime is inferior to most animation out there. Static pretty pictures, sparkly blinking eyes and insane explosions after a badass static pose says nothing about animation. They are all just pretty pictures and not animation. Even the very best of Miyazaki's hand drawn animations still do not compare in technique to the true masterpiece classics of 1940's Disney animation. Sure Ghibli has really pretty and colourful worlds, but I credit that to artist Kazuo Oga more than anything.

If its not niche, how come you're only mentioning the most mainstream of series that is on sale? And do you think the series you mentioned outsells other non Japanese animations?
You have taken most good American animation into account, but there lots of Western cartoons with mediocre or even plain awefull animation. I am not saying that anime has overall better art, but you seem to neglict all the horrible animated things that can be seen on the American television.

edit: while we are in the subject of animation : I don't think japanese animation is that bad at all. Especially compared to the things that I have seen from cartoons made in other countries like England, France, Germany, China, Italy

Last edited by hyl; 2012-03-20 at 20:17.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote