View Single Post
Old 2012-07-03, 23:55   Link #468
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Presumably, the point of animating Total Eclipse is, among other things, to bring new paying customers to the franchise. From what I understand in this thread, it's reasonably self-contained, and therefore can be done in one series without having the watcher come in with a bunch of Muv-Luv franchise knowledge. If the show suddenly starts demanding people like me, who've never played the VNs, know things about what's going on in order to enjoy it...then it's not doing its job. So far, I don't feel lost or out of place, but it's one of the things that is going to determine the quality of the show for me going forward.
It helps that there are stories with similar backgrounds (alien invasion, humanity under siege), though they still need to work on showing instead of just telling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Actually, when one thinks about it, some of the issues make some sense on further reflection... provided that you are 1) Asian, 2) live in Asia and thus understand the Asian mindset.
A bit nitpick, but you might want to narrow that down to a more specific region since I'm (south east) Asian, I live in Asia, and yet I have no idea how their anime mindset could be called Asian.