View Single Post
Old 2012-07-10, 16:36   Link #44
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I don't think there is such a thing as a real Orochimaru, it would be like saying there was only one real snakes in his body.
What Orochimaru did isn't very different than what Minato did for himself and Kushina in order to meet Naruto in the future except that with the power of the White Snake he went further and created a mechanism in the Cursed Seal allowing the creation of a new body to support his persona if need be.
But then what is the soul that is supposed to be unique, if a perfect copy can be made of a person? It's a bit messed up i think, the author lets us (at least me) believe that there is such a thing as a unique soul of someone and if it's sealed then that individual can't possibly come back unless the seal is broken. For example that is how one could make a difference between a kage bunshin and the real person, otherwise the kage bunshin being a perfect copy of the person's body and chakra. But now we have a perfect copy from a cursed seal. Of course we could rationalize about this being possible as i did in my previous post. But using that rationale it is then hard to believe that Kabuto was not able to bring back Orochimaru to life (here i'm assuming that Kabuto would want to bring him back because he idolized Orochi).

Well i still think that the current Orochi is not at 100%, my guess is that his body is crippled in a similar way to Tobi's, so he can't fight at full power, that would make him an evil advisor-like figure for Sasuke, i think that's a more interesting role for Orochi than having him fight. His talking was usually more fun than his fighting
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote