View Single Post
Old 2012-10-12, 10:52   Link #30827
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikablu View Post
EP2 – 1st Twilight, tbh I have forgotten what it was like in the VN but in the manga and anime Rosa tells Shannon and Genji to go AFTER she has seen the bodies. Check it out:

See for yourself…when Battler comes in, Shannon and Kanon are right in front of him. Also happens in the anime version check out EP8 – II-III. If the VN shows something different (I can’t remember and I’ve lost my data), then I’ll be fine to budge on this point.
Yes and no. We see that Shannon and Kanon are both present but, when Battler gets in and can look inside, only Kanon is shown and he tries to stop Jessica. Shannon is nowhere to be seen, which, in itself, can be a hint there's no Shannon in the room and we won't see Shannon again till this pic when she's talking with Kinzo

whom we know is dead.

Then she will be witnessed again by Battler here:

So it's likely the illusion she and Kanon are in front of Battler when Battler entered in the chapel is merely a 'narrative trick' for the readers. It's never confirmed once Battler opened the door he witnessed Shannon and Kanon.

Quote:
EP3 – 1st Twilight, yes fine I agree there is a loop hole now for Shannon to jump down to chapel (or vice versa, judging by the fact that it is on the 1st floor) BUT…
I think the room is actually at what in my country is called ground floor, though I seem to remember that either in English or in American, landfloor is called first floor.

Quote:
first floor
noun
the ground floor of a building.
the floor above the ground floor of a building.
So there's no need for Shannon to jump.
In fact it was said that she was placed there because in this way she would be the first to be discovered and this means she would be in an easy to reach place.

Quote:
@GoldenLand
My use for Knox’s 8th is not to disprove Shannon = Kanon but to eradicate any sort of confusion about EP5. There is a contradiction about the solution in EP5 and nothing about Erika’s position or ShKanon’s positions were discussed relative to each other to allow Erika to see one but not the other. From the way it was put it actually seemed like she was looking at everyone, so looking at Kanon and Shannon at the same time.
Actually an human sight is pretty limited so you can't really look at more than 10 people at the same time unless you're far from them and they're close. Otherwise you'll have to move your gaze all around.

However it's stated Erika is behaving properly and I doubt continuously look in each direction can be labelled as normal. She would look paranoid.

Quote:
Also people use ShKanon to explain Kanon’s disappearance from the games. I’m just saying that there other explanations for how the Kanon can go missing.
Personally I find Kanon's disappearance as a hint and not as a proof... at least till EP 8. When Bern states with Shannon's death Kanon has to disappear no explanation given on the way or how it's pretty hard to think he just disappeared because he hid or was killed and hidden.

His disappearence is clearly implied to have a better purpose.

Quote:
The bit about EP7 – this only applies to EP7 again, Shannon going BSoD in one moment does not prove ShKanon for everything. Yes Shannon = Kanon in that kakera but that doesn’t mean anything in the wider context.
If that's the case Ep 7 would be meaningless. The whole EP points as ShKannon as culprit. If it's meaningless the Ep loses its purpose.

Quote:
My Own Theory (The Pikablu Theory hehe):
1) Ok if Kanon and Shannon are fully separate people, why can’t Beatrice participate?
I'm not sure what you mean. Partecipate to what? The love duel? But Beato take part to it... as long as she has Battler around. The love duel is a love duel for couples.
As soon as Battler loses himself in a logic error apparently her chances to win the love trial were judged to be 0. Considering Yasu never actively did something to win Battler's love as long as he wasn't on Rokkenjima this is a metaphorical representation of how Yasu 'gave up'.

Quote:
2) Couldn’t it be that each couple LACKS SOMETHING and thus only one can fulfil their love? Rather than being about if 1 wins then the other 2 lose? There is no mention in an actual contradiction of love between their respective matches. There is definitely evidence of a lack of confidence in both Kanon and Shannon.
Why the fact that one of the two gaining confidence should mean the other never will and his love will fail and he'll disappear?
Couldn't they both find confidence by supporting each other instead tahn destroying each other's dream?

Quote:
4) My evidence for Kanon and Shannon taking up each other’s dreams? Well the fact that they are extremely close and know what the other’s dreams are. The EP6 duel illustrates this too that Kanon disappears because he dies (yes it could be a personality death but equally as possible is that it is metaphorically transferring ideas between 2 different people)…please tell me if I haven’t explained that well because it’s important for my argument.
Honestly it doesn't sound logic. Even if they know each other dreams they don't take them up. Shannon doesn't decide to stay on the island with Jessica in Kanon's place, she leaves with George.

Quote:
5) And actually their dreams are not contradicting but extremely similar; don’t both just want to be with their love? I don’t think that it’s specified WHERE they would have to be.
I think the problem is more with WHO they wanted to be, though Shannon definitely wanted to leave the island.

Quote:
if you need to buy off people, and we know money is a powerful incentive.
Our confession states clearly that Natsuhi was blackmailed.
Genji is loyal to Yasu as the heir to Kinzo and Beato.
Nanjo has a sick daughter and might need money to cure her.
It could be he was also blackmailed as he did things that could be judged as questionable the main one being he knew Kinzo was having sex with Beato 2 and never tattled him out and then he took part to hide Yasu's identity, which can be labelled as sort of kidnapping as she was taken away by her father... who should be sent to jail but that's another matter.
Not mentioning that apparently there weren't records about Yasu's birth and I've the feeling this isn't legal.

Even if Yasu might not have proofs for all this, if she were to tattle it out it could ruin his reputation and cause him to lose his job.

In Our Confession Kumasawa is said to be in because she believed it was a game for which she would be paid. She apparently doesn't know people are being killed for real but think they're just covered in make up.

Likely Gohda thinks the same.

Krauss was equally blackmailed.

Jessica & George in Ep 5 likely believed they were only making a joke or playing a game.

Maria seems to believe everything Beato says so if Beato says everyone is going to be revived she'll go with it.

The other siblings are likely either blackmailed, bribed or lead to think it's all an innocent game, at least at the beginning.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-10-16 at 03:05. Reason: Don't link to that site here!
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote