View Single Post
Old 2012-12-07, 12:32   Link #217
Midonin
Last Engage

Hidamari x Honeycomb 10 - Poetry in Motion

Miyako owned this episode. Her poems and her cheer routine were both kinds of poetry, but their strengths lie in different areas. Only one of them requires audience participation. Hearing Yuno attempting her English again was great, and the studying montage really showed how well the girls in the various years get along. Nori's story about getting distracted from studying by the world of the Internet is something we can all relate to. Yoshinoya and the principal only had one or two scenes apiece this episode, but they still had an impact. Study Snowball fights do look like a lot of fun.

Chika only had a voice cameo last week, but it looks like she's going to be sticking around for an episode or two now. More of Sae and Hiro's graduation story, but Yuno mentioning that they still had "three months" until they graduated makes me think we may very well be in for a Hidamari Sketch season 5. I've never known an anime that made it that far, but Shaft clearly shows they've still got it, so I would not be opposed. Sae and Hiro's goals may be different and their schools may not be the same, but I don't think that can break up their marriage at this point.

The emotion's been getting stronger than ever in these last few episodes.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote