View Single Post
Old 2013-01-30, 16:09   Link #3666
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Heretic or hexen?

Me and my roomate tried to get through Hexen I, it was a nightmare of a game.

Heretic I was terrible, Heretic II was good, but the game crashed at a certain point so I stopped playing (Right after u need to find a glass container so you can store the cure)
Both really. Not all that many anymore recognize both these games. You'd be surprised how many people asked me "what are those games?!" when I brought them up.

Back at 1997 my brother and I found a CD full of demos (it was called the "Ultimate Game Pack". That CD helped restart my interest back into PC Gaming!), and in it were the demos for Heretic and Hexen (as well as Doom, but I didn't play it as much since there were sound problems with it). I played the hell out of both of those demos but trying to find them was a bit on the difficult side. We both live near a small town and they were both old games. So yeah, it took us awhile to find both versions of those games. By luck my brother found Heretic (Shadows of the Serpent Riders edition, which had the 2 extra episodes and the Hellmace weapon) at our local Hastings, but it wasn't until 1999 until I found (by luck) a copy of Hexen.

IMHO Heretic, Hexen, and Hexen 2 are classic gems (I'll be blunt here, I never cared for Heretic 2) that are often overlooked since many seem to have forgotten them anymore. Ironically, back at 2000, I E-Mailed Raven Games and asked if they were planning on doing anymore Hexen sequels, which they replied they had planned on visiting the franchise in the future. Well it's 2013.......and Activision is tasking them with giving a helping hand with the Call of Duty series and the franchise's DLCs.

But back on topic, I'd like to see a Hexen mod for Skyrim, but I have a feeling such a project would take forever. I mean, look at how long the mod "Hexen: Edge of Chaos" has been in development.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote