Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2014-03-20, 17:33   Link #33308
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

^^^

I went to Huffington Post, which reports a lot on that hateful cult, and I wanted to see what they'd write in an article and I wanted to see what the comment section would be like. I expected people to show their ugly sides in the comment section. To my surprise, I saw people commenting with a loving tone. I read about 30-40 comments and no one was hateful. People were saying if they were hateful, they'd be no different then him and his followers. Anyways, straight, gay, and bi people were not condemning him and discouraging others from hating him, and my heart was very soft at the way people were loving an enemy rather than hating him, and I read a comment saying something like "May you have in the afterlife the peace you could not find in this world. Love, A Lesbian" and I saw other gay and bi people write the same kind of thing or similar things and then I actually got a bit teary eyed to see these people; gay, bi, and straight, have love for such a terrible person. I expected a comment section filled with hate and vile regards and sentiments, and instead I found people, with an element of pity, express love for such a bad person and their love struck me as beautiful.