Thread: Licensed Kuro Shitsuji (Season 1)
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-14, 18:22   Link #600
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

His Butler Passing

I decided to allow some time to post my comments for the last episode, which I've finally watched on yesterday.

In regards to Shiroth's comment at the Pandora Hearts thread, I agree as well that for an anime-original ending it was flawlessly executed; a rarity since fillers and anime-only content generally tend to suck.

My only complain was that Ash/Angela's overall goal limited "his" potential only to a megalomaniacal scheme to purify the world in a contrasting manner to Noah's Great Flood (by fire instead of rain).
Spoiler:

What intrigued me was that this episode drew a distinction between the demons (Sebastian) and the angel (Ash/Angela) not to their opposing nature and neither to the biblical context of good versus evil, but....
Spoiler:

The only other complaint, though a minor one, was that Ash after all never posed a real threat to Sebastian. I mean c'mon Sebastian raised the bet....
Spoiler:

Sebastian deserved a more a foe of higher ranking, refined caliber, and of a taste worthy of Sebastian's own preference not some megalomaniacal, hermaphroditic, winged-pimp.

Anyways, done with that the epilogue that followed right after the climax battle left me in tears.
Spoiler:

And then the ending....
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote