View Single Post
Old 2006-08-03, 18:32   Link #40
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Joke:

Hey those aren't bad for a first try. You should have seen my first attempt at fan art (I did Vegeta from DBZ ). I like the eyes in the first one. And how come Kairin is so sad in the second picture?

If you want to take the path to becoming a great artist, you must know that the road will be long, and ardjuous. But then again, nothing worth doing is easy, right? Then again if you just want to draw in your spare time as a hobby, that works too.

One of the things I did when I first started was to copy drawings that other people did (professional anime guys). I tried to make them as close to the original as possible. So, I don't know if that's a path you'd like to take. Likewise, other people sometimes like to not copy at all and just draw originals right from the beginning. Either way is good I guess.

But the most important thing is to have fun doing it and not worry too much about it not looking right.

So thank you for choosing Kairin as your first fan art ever. It's an honour

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaël
Kiva, that "evil Kairin" is... sexy. I was thinking, though : Isn't she supposed to be a gentle young lady who only scolds spammers and double posters once in a while?

If you're talking about evil Kairin then I don't think she's gentle at all. She has some serious issues (I suppose she could scold spammers and double posters, but that's more Kairin's job. She would do it in a nice way/funny way though). I haven't really thought about much for evil Kairin. She's not official either since I was just messing around. Perhaps if enough people want it, I could work in some kind of story between Kairin and Evil Kairin (I really have to think of a name for her).