Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-23, 08:02   Link #2063
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
[serious mode]

Mmmmh, I believe in something. Either I reach success or failure, either people are mean with me or not, even if somebody ever successes to stab me in the back ; I'll not change my principles and morals.

To fall to the jerks' level for one of the reasons exposed above seems showing how much a person is "weak" to me (sorry if some people feel insulted by what i say). Life is not a fairy tale, being a good person doesn't mean that you'll have a great life. If your values can change so easily when things don't go the way you want, then wonder if you ever had any trust in them.

[/seriousmode]
Je suis châtié, madame.

Quote:
Beside that you're a kiss-stealer who's obsessed in pointing logical fallacies to people, you seem to be a nice guy. That would be a shame if you change that nice part of you
....to be honest, I'm never too inclined to give other people the impression that I'm a nice guy. I find that I tend to get away with a lot of stuff if I don't give people reason to have too high an expectation of me. I guess I've yet to completely master the technique of tempering other people's expectations, though.

Besides, I think you'd be shocked if you learned just how much of a saint I'm not. The girl knows that well enough from first hand experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Iibh, there are some movies were Bond doesn't really try to be a womanizer, like "Living Daylights" with Timothy Dalton. I think the one who gave the worst Bond impression was Roger Moore. I never liked him.....at all.....for the reasons you stated.
Quote:
Well, I only "like" the ones with Sean Connery, or Pierce Brosnan (but I prefer Sean)
Hmmm, I'm under the impression that Daniel Craig's Bond is a pretty respectable interpretation too, particularly because of the not-a-womanizer factor? I have yet to see Quantum of Solace though.

Quote:
Ascaloth's relationship is still on the right track, I would dislike to see people saying to him "but just wait till it fails". Sorry I dislike that mentality whether it's serious or not. It's ok to say to them to be careful though. That they have to work hard to make it lasts (what Ledgem usually does in this thread)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
And you're right, Ascaloth's looking good so far. Ascaloth, he the man
....haha, thanks.

That said, update on my situation:

Tonight, we met up for a bit and talked about nothing in particular, but when I suggested staying with her "just a bit longer", she told me "I need to study, you need to go home and work on your project too." This has happened a couple of times already over the past two weeks.

.....I love this girl. She's good for an easily-distracted twerp like me.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote