Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-25, 16:28   Link #550
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Taichi, meanwhile, is just not even on Chihaya's radar as a major (i.e. singular) emotional entity, even though she obviously cares a lot about her friends of course, so he's still honestly got a long way to go. On the current path he is walking, I don't even know if winning Chihaya over the way he would like to (or at least, insofar as he displays jealousy towards Arata) is even possible. The only plausible progression I can imagine for Taichi with Chihaya really is if he would mature to the point that he realizes romance/sex doesn't really have to be something all-encompassing, so that he could play second fiddle against karuta in Chihaya's life but still have a relationship which is completely fine and natural and satisfying. Although the very idea of this progression basically goes against a lot of Taichi's character development, it would be an extremely natural solution to Taichi's feelings for Chihaya through which I believe he could even win Chihaya over as he is currently.
To be fair, I think all Taichi needs to appear on Chihaya's radar is to become more badass in karuta. Chihaya's like that. You put an awesome player in front of her and she wets herself (platonically, but still...). Taichi's not bad, but he's not even close to be good enough to get that kind of reaction out of her right now.

But he will be, and once she really starts to see Taichi, the whole dynamic of their relationship will change dramatically.