View Single Post
Old 2011-06-04, 04:38   Link #89
Irkalla
I asked for this

Finished my first playthrough, must say I absolutely loved the story! Lots of backstabbing, double crossing, schemes, yeaaaa! I needn't say that graphics are absolutely fantastic - the level designs, absolutely gorgeous. Nothing like the wasteland of da2. On the other hand, the combat and rpg experience is not that great. Combat is boring and totally non responsive, not to mention that it's unbalanced. The last fight in the prologue is pretty much Arishok level kiting. Then it gets easier with each chapter, to the point of becoming a joke. Only the bosses are really a challenge. Rpg aspect falls short as well. I mean, you can make decisions, you can take a whole other path -which is fantastic, but it's just not enough. For starters, you play a defined character, who yeah, is based off the book, and you can't really do much with him. He has a defined personalty, he is a Witcher, and he stays out of politics as much as possible. Okay, that is him, not my character! Picking up flowers and loot is not enough to call it a rpg, sorry if that offends any fanboys. Characters are good, tho! They could have explored them better, I mean, explored their personalities, hehe. It has at least one memorable character - Iorveth, love that elf! At least he is honest about being, well, himself. Saskia was also great, didn't see that coming at all. (you know what!) Overall it's a really decent game, but I wouldn't go as far as to call it the rpg of the decade..I don't really consider it that much of a rpg to start with XD 85/100

Oh and! My favourite type of magic - Lesbomancy!! Cracked up! Why are dwarves always the funniest characters? Plough it!