View Single Post
Old 2011-06-23, 20:50   Link #40
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Man, this episode suffered from a lot of overacting. I didn't really mind the massive amount of crying in this series, but this episode it reached a critical point, especially for the first part, and a bit too much talking.

Also, Tsurukko vs Anaru is funny; where have I seen that?

But after the most intense introspection/self-pitying therapy session since the last episode of Evangelion, it was a uphill journey, as one little crack at Anaru's expense brought a bit of laughter and everyone was able to pull their shit together. Props to Jintan for not becoming a mess... and apparently that's important to the plot. So that's her wish, ok. The revelation is enough to tip Jintan over.

But that's not enough for Jintan so he must bring her to say goodbye to everyone. Unfortunately, Menma can't last any longer and Jintan can't see her anymore. This is a good thing, but it's bad for Jintan's mentality, and he starts flopping around like a fool in despair reminding me of that crappy ending from Angel Beats, Oh Okada don't do this...

Fortunately, Menma picks herself back up with the show, and manages to send them all out in a game. The little pieces of paper was a nice touch, and let them all see Menma for a bit. So in the end, they all learned to temporarily discard their self-intrest for a moment and learned to be less centered, leading to much less self-hatred and general grumpiness around others.

Take care of yourself, and then others. Good end to a great series. 9/10

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews