View Single Post
Old 2010-09-09, 04:42   Link #7108
Trans-Fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Yo, zod. Haven't seen ya in ages. How ya doin'? =)

@Trans

Well, that's.... interesting?

I doubt that HnG could ever go in that direction. To be so Hina centered, or whatnot, and 'sides that, Hina doesn't seem as such a weak character for that even to happen.

Why would she leave everyone for her parents without them first explaining anything? Hina is one of the lifelines of HnG. Certainly a Hina centered arc could bring more popularity to it, but Hata did say that he hates overly dramatic things, though he did do that whole Athena thing.

Eh, it's all just so random...

There are far better choices she could have chosen instead of just leaping with her parents. And if Yukiji knew about the truth of why they were abandoned, she could have easily told her instead of letting her leave with such horrible parents, or whatnot. I'm assuming that the truth is bad here, and that her parents are lower than dog shit, but Hina doesn't remember them as such, and nor does Yukiji. Though I'll admit, Yukiji could be lying about it, and Hina's memories could be a tad jumbled up, but that would be... far fetched...

Well, whatever. We could debate more on this when the time comes.

By the way, the raws of 287 are out on LLHayate's blog. Just Google that to find them.
Meh, I didn't know that Hata didn't like overly dramatic stuff aside from the Athena's arc. I thought that Hina's birthday arc was also a bit dramatic, but that's just me.

I know that Hina isn't such a weak character, but from what we've seen from Hina's birthday arc, it is not to say that she isn't breakable. She is also weak when it comes to height, so maybe she might have a soft spot for her parents also.

Spoiler for also:

edit: I still don't see Hata ending the manga without introducing Hina's parents in more depth, neither without a follow-up or touch-up of Hayate's parents.

edit 2: If I remember correctly, and if I am not wrong here, I remember Hata saying something about how he had the idea of his manga to be originally centered around Hina. Don't know if that was true, and don't remember where I got the info/idea from also.

Last edited by Trans-Fat; 2010-09-09 at 05:01.
Trans-Fat is offline   Reply With Quote