View Single Post
Old 2012-08-19, 11:05   Link #138
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
Actually coffee beans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
I knew it was something of that sort...I mix chocolate and coffee so often that I trip up on that. Thanks for the save, however odd it might be. XD
Coffee beans eaten by a certain civet cat and processed in its digestive tract, then coming out together with poop. And it's expensive too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
~ snipped ~
No point tuning in to a speculation that can be written off with the author's own words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Enjoyable episode, even if it was another "side arc online" (lol). But as a seiyuu fan, it was Lisbeth's voice that really impressed me. Just awkward enough, with some real flash and energy, within the limits of the character. I should have realized who it was, but didn't until the end credits: one of my favorites, Takagaki Ayahi (Noe in True Tears, Feldt Grace in Chrome-Shelled Regios, Wakana in Tari Tari, and a member of Sphere).
From a radio show I heard (in which she's one of 'personalities'), Takagaki screws up a lot in some anime. But yeah, she's a really hard worker (a ganbariya, I'd say) and thus one of my favorites too.

Quite honestly, I like how the side stories add to the dimension of the series. Like what someone has said, one thing the side stories do is to show how the rest of the players are actually coping in this game over time. Of course it develops Kirito to some extent, but in that respect, it's more in the capacity of 'connecting the dots' more than a natural planned development since the stories were written after the main arc. And this side story is a little different since it touches a little more on a character who chose not to participate frequently in adventures but live her time as a service provider in the game while waiting for it to be cleared, and searching for a meaning to continue living in this 'fake' world (playing the game in a more passive way rather than active). This is quite different from previous stories where the side characters that were central to each story were mostly actively 'adventuring'. And in the end, the emphasis on the 'responsibility' of the clearing team and the importance of what they are doing, and that there are people like Liz, waiting, believing and hoping that they will end this nightmare, is a nice touch. And it's truly one of my favorites. (Side note: Liz's face was priceless when her prided sword broke. ) Oh yes, there were several stuff/infomation that were cut out in the show so that the audience won't be spoiled (so people shouldn't even start bordering on hinting, I guess , though I myself have forgotten most of the stuff except for one or two thing, unlike so many hardcore readers ). Up till now, quite honestly, I'm still of the opinion it's better to do it like the novels and have these episodes as OVAs or interlude episodes (it doesn't feel right to have these 'fleshing out' in a linear, chronological order, and cut things for that).
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote