View Single Post
Old 2012-01-08, 01:19   Link #185
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Sorry for the late coming, just arrived from a trip. Also, my house right now is under renovation, so it’s not exactly comfortable here. Now back to topic.

I thought you were going to watch Fate/Stay Night (F/SN)? I think you’ll like it. If you got turned off by what I said earlier that F/SN is a bad adaptation of the visual novel, then don’t be. Take it like this: from the novel reader’s PoV, Jurassic Park is a bad adaptation since Spielberg changed A LOT of things from the novel to fit the movie format. Still, that didn’t change the fact that Jurassic Park is a good (if not great) movie on its own. The same thing (more or less) can be applied to Fate/Stay Night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
It looks like it will be like that till the end. Can't stand it for 12 episodes, sorry. If it just it was fixed halfway and then the two had to go through normal relations issues, then it would be ok, but this way it is depressing and just problematic. Ye, it's problematic. Even kissing is problematic here. Awful situation.
As for Midori no Hibi: yup, it IS entirely focusing on the problem of a guy having a girl as his right-hand and all the trouble that comes from it (the anime/manga itself actually provide some answers to your ‘taking a bath’ questions ). And yes, it is an awful situation and this anime/manga tells how the guy have to deal with it till the end of the story and while also building a relationship with Midori along the way. That’s what makes it unique. Midori, being a real girl before being put in this situation, was also confused by her ‘lower half’ gone ‘missing’ (turns out she don’t have to pee, etc. The food she ate goes to Seiji’s body). I was also turned off in the beginning (just like you ), but when I learn to accept that certain element, I get an interesting (funny and sometimes melancholic) story with a satisfying ending. Still, the choice is entirely yours and I respect it.