View Single Post
Old 2012-09-22, 02:54   Link #300
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Given that Japan doesn't have a land border with a hostile nation, I would think the Swiss system would be adequate.

Without going into a long rant, I'll just say this: There is no such thing as a true bushido or samurai spirit, and certainly no application of such false "ideology" in a modern military (and this is coming from a conservative Imperial supporter who wants nuclear arms and normalization of the Japanese state.)
As mentioned earlier, the Swiss system would be the adequate way to do it.

Still, if the JSDF want to have more people serving under the flag either as temporary conscripts or career people, I guess it would be logical their PR would try using something catchy that would also respond the needs of the new generation. I only brought the example of Bushido because that COULD BE something catchy (that's only my humble opinion). For example in Canada, it's about using someone's skills that are attained in college into a career (like someone who graduated in music could become sonar operator on a frigate). And in the US, the emphasis is on defending a way of life (you should watch examples of ads for the Marines on youtube; they have the budget to make them catchy). That's it for the off-topic part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
In connection to the issue at hand: What irks me the most of this issue is how the Japanese ultranationalists are not doing much against the current show of utter disrespect by PRC while ranting about Koreans.
Perhaps Prime Minister Noda has a longer reach than what everyone expected when it comes to holding the horses. By the way, we have news and it was about damn time some people would spend the night in the brig after the riots: http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nn20120922b3.html
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote