View Single Post
Old 2012-11-04, 02:16   Link #3763
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyalike View Post
Has anyone here played Kitto, Sumiwataru Asairo Yori mo? I'm hoping for something heartwarming-ish after reading Hatsuyuki Sakura. It was well written, but I should probably avoid eroge that I KNOW will depress me...
I've played that. It depends on what's "depressing" for you. For example, I have a mental block that seriously skews my ability to start reading stories themed around bullying or social discrimination (I didn't originally have this, but it sort of grew as I play more VNs with these themes). This VN has a little of this, but it's written in such a way that I didn't really mind too much(it's not a central point). The conflicts in this VN can get somewhat heavy, but it isn't all that dark and gritty. There are quite plenty of jokes and humor and the occasional "fluffy" scenes slipped in now and then helps alleviate the mood.

And, I haven't read Hatsuyuki Sakura, so I don't really know what kind of "heartwarming" you seek. But let's just say that the true ending of this VN is one of the more "beautiful" that I've read.