Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll iDOLM@STER the anime (and spin-offs)
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-02, 10:49   Link #2006
RainbowMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
There really isn't anything to indicate the number of fans each member has in the story. Currently, they all have work to do now and there's nothing to show that one is busier than another. Sure, we see Miki on TV, but that may just be her line of work that caters to her personality, just like Chihaya is shown to sing more often and Yayoi does variety shows with kids
I get that this is no way to indicate someones popularity, but I just think that some more insight on the succeses of other idols would be nice. Miki just seems more popular to me because the studio decides to zoom in on her talent and succes all the time. Most of the time we get to see short scenes of the other idols at another job, but that's it. They only talk a bit and then dissapear for most of the episode. We don't even get to see anyone talk about what they did. I feel like it's just a standard routine with no progression at all.

tl;dr I think your right about the fact that there's no way to indicate the amount of fans. I just feel like she's more popular, because of her amount of screentime etc.
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote