View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 04:40   Link #2872
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
They're not. A public figure needs to follow certain expectations, especially when they're banking on something fundamental to their professional persona. Martin Luther King Jr. fighting for equal rights does not excuse his extramarital liaisons, given that the supposed moral superiority of Doctor King was fundamental in his work.
How does one define himself/her by "public figure" then?

As much as image is important to be held by others in a certain level of esteem, the ability to produce work should be placed priority over the image maintained for the sake of their fans. Although the girls have maintained their image as cute and energetic young girls, their talent level remains to be seen with no personalised style to their music.

The last time I have seen a girlband with a unique style is BeForU, even that each of the girls have their own flavour of singing. Their music isn't that epic, yes, but at least it is unique in its own way. AKB is simply a tool that converts plain music into cash.

Either that or I am wrong that the girls' work is to show off their legs and how they look in cute clothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Urgh, I can't cookie this any more so I'm just going to requote it for Great Truth and Justice.
I don't know, but the idea of entertainment is that they are supposed to be what they are 24/7 - they signed the contract to live their lives under a complete pretense like reality TV actors and actresses. Even that is so, I guess that we men are naturally stupidified in the face of adorable girls even though they are heartbreakers and gold diggers.

They attract based on their ability to project the "perfect girl" image to their fans and milk them, much like their ancient counterparts of the geisha.

I know this next line is going to sound extremely offensive, however I think such a marketing technique is based entirely on the Japanese culture's desire for perfection, even their girls. The community has to get a grip and wake up their idea that there is no such thing as a "perfect girl" - there are certain things a man has to put up with because a mutual relationship always work on a give-and-take basis. *

* - I would rather die than to marry a fujoshi.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote